Advantage of using EMR instead of traditional paper-based medical records
– Patient safety – The healthcare provider can spend more time with EMR for making the decision for the patient’s treatment instead of a little bit of time during the patient visit.
– Effectiveness and efficiency – Using EMR can help the healthcare provider to make the decision while they can see every information of the patient just in one page or one time that they key-in the Hospital Number. When every important information can integrate together, the treatment will be more effective and efficient.
The disadvantage of using EMR instead of traditional paper-based medical records
– Increased risk of data breaches
– Using EMR can cause the patient’s uncomfortable
– EMR is not much user-friendly