1. Have you ever observed a health informatics project in your (other) organization? Please provide a brief introduction.
In our hospital we try to integrated health informatics to improve our service. The big project of our hospital is e-his, it was an integrated health information system that connected the physician’s record, nurse record, physician’s order for laboratory and medication and also the billing system. It was first use in in patient department and soft launch as a tools for laboratory order and a medication order.
2. Do you think that this health informatics project can help to improve the current practices, how?
If this project can fully operated it will help us much in many aspects such as
– The continuity of care and records of the patients who transfer to various department or have a lot of physician to involved
– Minimized the medication errors from prescription error
– Prevent loss from the billing department, such as the minor laboratory order that health care personnel may skip the cost
3. Are there any challenges or difficulty in implementing the project?
There are many difficulties in this project. First of all, the resistance from health care personnel especially for physicians and nurses because it puts tons of work to them by change writing into typing input to the systems. And also the application is not user friendly it might be developed without the voices from end user, it makes the way to order is much more complicated than usual. At the end this project was withdraw for a while and it was come back after minor change. Nowadays it use as the way to order the laboratory test and still have a plan to full function in the future.