Number 16 on page 343 When the same hypothesis is tested in two different population and the resulting P values are on the opposite sides of 0.05, the results are conflicting is wrong.
We cannot look at the p-value and conclude result from two different population because two results might have the same effect side but the different standard error…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 1 Topic 1 Introduce yourself about your background in the forum Statistics in health science 2 years, 10 months ago
I am Thanachol Wonghirundecha. I am a physician and also a medical epidemiologist. I always use statistical in an analysis of outbreak investigation and situation analysis tasks.
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 9 Topic Discussion in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 2 years, 11 months ago
I would go with focus group discussion first, however, if the result for discussion were varied or not saturated, I would prepare an in-depth interview for further data collection. For better understanding of their culture and thoughts, I will conduct a direct observation by living with them and follow through their daily activities.
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 8 Topic Discussion 2 in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 2 years, 11 months ago
To compare usefulness of new technology with an old one, we could ask this followings to assess perceived usefulness.
When using new technology compared to an old one
1. it improves user’s job performance
2. it saves user’s time
3. it gives users greater control over work
4. it enhances effectiveness on the job
5. it increases user’s…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 8 Topic Discussion 1 in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree with Ameen that the COVID19 situation enhances the perception of usefulness and generates mandate situation for an online conference usage. In addition, perceived ease of use will be enhanced by a user-friendly interface and early troubleshooting.
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 5 Topic Discussion in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 2 years, 12 months ago
I reviewed this paper “Do psychiatric patients experience more psychiatric symptoms during COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown? A case-control study with service and research implications for immunopsychiatry” via this link “https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7184991/”
This study aimed to assess and compare the immediate stress and…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 7 Topic Discussion : Reflect (Duedate 2 Dec 2020) in the forum TMHG526 Organizational Behavior and Management Skills 2020 2 years, 12 months ago
I was wrong about incentivized motivation. I thought that bonus could make people do a job better but that is not true. I like the idea of three things to motivate included Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose. I would like to add comment more about Purpose. People will do things better if they can answer their purpose before, in the other words, we…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 6 Topic Discussion : Pro/Con Six Leadership styles in the forum TMHG526 Organizational Behavior and Management Skills 2020 3 years ago
I am a representative of democratic team.
Pros: This type of leader can motivate the members by allowing team to engage equally. Peers would feel to be apart of a team that create the working and learning environment. Not only members could learn from leader but a leader also concurrently learn from members.
Cons: This leading style usually take…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 4 Topic Discussion in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 3 years ago
1. Title: Accessibility to health services among migrant workers in the Northeast of Thailand
2. Main objectives of the study
Examines the factors associated with access to health services among legal migrant workers in the Northeast of Thailand
3. Sampling method used in the study
Randomly selected…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 6 Topic Discussion : Leadership in you in the forum TMHG526 Organizational Behavior and Management Skills 2020 3 years ago
I am naturally an introvert type and always comfort to interact with few people. Since I decided to be a doctor, I have to communicate with patients. To develop a better system in a hospital, I have to communicate with the director, and many stakeholders such as nurse, patient assistants and people in a back office. I become familiar with this…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 5 Topic Discussion : Summary the TED talk in the forum TMHG526 Organizational Behavior and Management Skills 2020 3 years ago
I like this sentence “When you listen to other then the others will ready to listen to you but first you must listen to yourself.”
w.thanachol replied to the topic Topic 1 In a study to determine contact pattern in Thailand in the forum Week 3 Topic discussion 3 years ago
A confounder could be having a smartphone. Since Elderly or children might not usually use smartphone or internet, they tend to report contact pattern less than younger adult population.
w.thanachol replied to the topic Week 2 Topic Discussion in the forum TMHG548 Research Methods In Health Informatics 2020 3 years ago
Barriers of emergency health care accessibility among the migrant patients in the context of Thai-Myanmar border area and the possibility of information tool that could reduce those gap
Example of 5 variables
1. Treatment fee – continuous variable – median and IQR
2. Education level – categorical variable – proportion
3. Time to reach health care…[Read more]
Transaction function allow only factor variable and I found that X variable (which is the first one) is not compatible. please change X variable to be factor type before transforming the data frame into a transaction.
Noted, Thank you.
I downloaded Breast cancer dataset and found 11 variables that contain no diagnosis. What variable should be a dependent variable in the model?
w.thanachol started the topic Topic Discussion for Seminar 8 (6/Aug/2020) in the forum Discussion Topic for Seminar 8 (Presented by Thanachol) 3 years, 3 months ago
1. What are challenges or cautions to consider before implying this study to public health policy?
2. How can you apply this method to study infoveillance in your context and what should be source(s) of information?
1. The author contributed to this study because suicide is an important problem in Thailand, the number of suicides has risen during 2011-2014, in the average of 6 suicides per 100,000 population.
2. As mentioned in the introduction path, population density might be the potential risk factor for committing suicide since it can be implied…[Read more]
w.thanachol replied to the topic Discussion topics in the forum Discussion Topic for Seminar 3 (Presented by Tullaya) 3 years, 4 months ago
1. I do agree with Ameen that the software should provide follow up and reminder module and be handled by other health care officers than the doctor. Moreover, the software should remind patients in addition to physicians and receive a reply from them whether they have had done the test as scheduled.
2. Some of screening program such as…[Read more]
1. Although location is one of the epidemiological triads that determine the disease distribution, the researchers might not explain much about the location in the literature as a scarcity of database and unpowerful software in the past. Additionally, the researchers themselves might have less experience and skill in spatial epidemiology, because…[Read more]
- Load More