Firstly, I agree with Khun Supawat, he said that the policy maker should set the priority of all issues on the interoperability. In my opinion, all of the stakeholders should join to brainstorm and share ideas together to develop policy, framework, standardization and so on and do agree with Dr. Saranath about the quite difficulty of system design which will serve the needs of all stakeholder’s requirements. Then it should have a group of persons, for example, the integration team who takes the action to analyze the impact, summarize, develop standard policy and template, comunicate to all stajeholders.
To design an enterprise architecture of health information system among different hospitals, and who should involve in the designing process? I think this can not specific, it depends on what the health information system develop for ?
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) divides enterprise architecture into four layered categories
(1) Business architecture:
– explains the processes used for a business to achieve its goals, for instance, the business architecture of health information system consists of health services like patient records, individual health records, classification of diseases, symptoms and procedures, diagnostic reports, suggestions, prescriptions and treatment plans, etc.
(2) Application architecture:
– deals with the development of different applications and the interaction between them. This architecture is highly applicable in the designing and development of relevant software requirements for interfacing with healthcare systems like standardized instruments for data collection, data-communication services, data analysis and modeling, report generating and speech recognition application in local language.
(3) Data architecture:
– explains methods of data storage and retrieval, Data models, Metadata dictionary, Classification standards and systems
(4) Technical architecture:
– explains how software infrastructure and hardware infrastructure support applications and their interactions, Local/wide area networks, Operating system Interoperability, mobile phone technology, speech recognition technology and web technology.
To design an enterprise architecture of health information system among different hospitals, it should develop the EA first, then apply it to control the project implementation.
Remake: for my case, I will adope Data analytics and Blockchain tecknology into this system.
– Data Analytics: as health data is a large volume, to analyze data and find impact to slove the problem. Then I decide to use data analytic.
– Blockchain technology: as data/ transaction is from diffence hospitals, privacy and security issues are very important. Blocchain will eliminate these problems.
For who should involve in the designing process to brainstrom knowledge, share idea, analyze impact and find out the solution are as below:
– Business architecture: explains the processes used for a business to achieve its goals -> System analysis (SA)/ Business Analysis (BA), BI consultant,
– Application architecture: to deal with the development -> integration team, informatician
– Data architecture: to explains methods of data storage -> Data engineer,data sciencetist, hospital IT team (to support as-is data structure)
– Technical architecture: to explains how software infrastructure and hardware infrastructure support applications and their interactions -> Software architecture, Analytics/ Blockchain Specialist,
– Healthcare provider: to give system requirement (as-is/ to-be) -> doctor, nurse, patient, pharmacist, medical technician etc.
Remark: for developer: to develop program -> BI developers, Big Data Programmer, Blockchain developer. They are in the next phase which is after design phase.