TMHG545 Information System Design and Implementation in Health Care
Strategic plan design and implementation of information system in healthcare using technical IT and mechanisms based on the principles of Information Security including data confidentiality, data integrity, and availability. This course focuses on applying relevant technologies to secure the electronic protected health information (e-PHI) in healthcare information system at the enterprise level of organization such as security solution, data encryption, hashing, system redundancy, load balancing, failover, backup, restoration, and disaster recovery. Moreover, the course will cover the basic concept of RDBMS and database design as well as the fundamental of system analysis.
Graduate in Bachelor degree in Health sciences, computer sciences, and ICT
LO : Learning Outcome
LO1: Define Information system and technology in public health and healthcare organization
LO2: Describe strategic planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of health information system.
LO3: Describe basic concepts of programming language and its methodologies.
LO4: Demonstrate basic skills of design and implementation as well as capabilities for working in various aspects of IT fields.
LO5: Demonstrate skills of database design and manipulation including administration using DBMS tools and SQL languages.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 4
- Duration 30 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 14
- Assessments Yes
Week 1: Introduction e-PHI and CIA
Week 2: Integrity
- Data Integrity
- Reading Assignment 2.1 : Integrity
- System Availability Techniques and Mechanism I (High Availability and RAID system)
- System Availability Techniques and Mechanism II (Load Balancing and Failover)
- Reading Assignment 2.2 : System Availability Techniques and Mechanism
- Discussion Board of Week #2
- Assignment of Week #2
- Quiz of Week #2
- Course Evaluation Week 2
Week 3: System Availability (Cont.)
- System Availability Techniques and Mechanism III (Data backup and recovery)
- Example of IT Infrastructure Servers, Application, Security Solution, etc.
- Reading Assignment 3.1 : Disaster Recovery Plan (Best Practices)
- Discussion Board of Week #3
- Quiz of Week #3
- Assignment of Week #3
- Course Evaluation Week 3
Week 4: Introduction to Database and RDBMS