Considering some STEEP factors related to healthcare resources during on-going COVID-19 pandemic, an uncertainty and very challenging situation;
– Increased in self-healthcare in general, whether awareness of the corona virus or other diseases due to less hospital access. On the other hand, non-covid patients with chronic disease might get worsening condition
– Increased healthcare staffs burnout both frontline workers for massive workload and non-frontline workers who are allocated to non-critical location and loss their routine activities.
– Increased in quantity and quality in healthcare IT system, e-health, m-health such as telemedicine adoption and there is more collaboration among different stakeholders in technology development .
– Increased in advance research and evidence-based information in IT healthcare field to improve the existing system and deploy new innovation
– Increased in infected waste product from healthcare system and dealing with its regulation
– Expansion of insurance reimbursement options for the treatment itself and vaccination sequelae
– Massive spending on support in healthcare field (infection control, investigation, treatment, medication and vaccine, all supply and equipments, healthcare IT implementation) instead of other dimensions
– Changes in government regulation of healthcare such as increased documentation requirement, reimbursement policy
– Push and enhance local/primary healthcare system to increase higher performance