The STEEP analysis is used to identify the external factors that could significantly impact an organization. We can analyze the past and predict the future. The following STEEP listed the future factors which are uncertain and might affect health resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Increasing awareness in the population to prevent infection -> fewer people get sick
– Increasing online education (as well as in healthcare) in the population -> increasing health knowledge
– Increasing demand for personalized care services -> Better healthcare service requires
– More healthcare workers interested in health technology -> Increasing future development of healthcare service (also Technology impact)
– Increasing research and development of new medicines and health innovation
– Due to travel restrictions and social distancing, there is a rising development of eHealth technology -> New implementation of eHealth standards may require.
– Low internet accessibility in Thailand: there would be an increasing consideration for Internet access in rural areas to get the most benefit from health technology
– Financial crisis due to more cost of healthcare resources required for pandemic infection management.
– Insufficient supply of quality vaccines and anti-viral medications for the population
– Strictly managing infectious waste and disposable medical devices
– Increasing waste of plastics, disposable gloves, masks, etc. affects an environment
– Traveling restriction during the pandemic helps to save the environment from pollution or carbon emission
– Creating an adoption of licensing rules to have electronic technology service
– Creating a policy for data confidentiality and privacy