My setting is INJURY SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM (IS)
The bad of using EMR instead of the traditional paper based medical records.
1. The beginning of IS, the officer (nurses) don’t accept the IS system because of the IS system Increase workload for officer worked together with EMR and paper based.
2. Increase time of the officers tried to understand the record form.
3. The beginning Staff always record mistakes.
4. Increase IT staff helped with the system and fixed the errors.
5. Increase resource for maintenance system of software hardware and protection.
The good of using EMR instead of the traditional paper based medical records.
1. Decrease time for search patient, edit record, duplicate record and summary data.
2. Decrease human error in record process.
3. Decrease time for special record by matching learning.
4. Reduce patient recorded duplicate in the same names or patient other information.
5. Data exchanged between other EMR systems.
6. Follow the situation of record for planning management.
7. EMR systems quickly supported direct or decision making.