Whether or not to give the data out depends on the following factors:
* Ethical review committee approval: The research team must have approval from an ethical review committee to conduct the study.
* Data sharing agreement: There must be a data sharing agreement between the research group and my organization. This agreement should outline the specific ways in which the data can be used and the steps that the research team must take to protect the confidentiality of the data.
Since the requested data includes personal identifying information, such as addresses and contact numbers, I would like to:
* Review the study design to see if these data are necessary for the study.
* Require the research team to sign a data usage agreement to protect the confidentiality of the data.
* Require the research team to have consent forms signed by the patients.
* Review the research team’s data use at each stage of the study progress.