As I am both an IT developer and a user, There are several common ways to conduct IT security attacks.
– Password attack: This is the most common method to attack IT systems, by guessing the password or cracking password techniques such as brute-forcing.
– Phishing attack: This method is a social engineering attack that tricks users into revealing sensitive information using lucrative content such as fake links, emails, and messaging.
– Malware: This is malicious software that can damage computer systems, they are commonly delivered by email attachments and fake software downloads.
– Drive-by attack: This is a cyberattack that occurs when a user visits a website that automatically downloads the malware to their IT devices.
– Denial-of-Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS): This cyberattack aims to overwhelm and disrupt IT resources by being flooded with multiple illegitimate requests, resulting in the inability to respond to service requests.
– SQL injection: This can be done by injecting malicious SQL code into a vulnerable web application database to access and modify data.
Reply To: Topic 1 Computer Networking and Cloud computing
Home › Forums › TMHG523 Principles and Foundations of Public Health Informatics › Week 2 : Health Information Privacy & Security › Topic 1 Computer Networking and Cloud computing › Reply To: Topic 1 Computer Networking and Cloud computing