1. What should you do?
Answer: If I were a character mentioned in the scenario, I won’t access to patient’s information which I am not involve with. Due to the ethical consideration, personal information should be maintained private, confidential, and respectful.
2. As a health information professional, can you tell your friend?
Answer: Definitely as a health information professional, with any reasons, we cannot disclose his health information to our friends.
3. Can you interfere with other people or family issue?
Answer: No, I don’t think so. As we are health information professional, we should not interfere with other people or family issue unless he consents or asks for advice and help.
4. But, should your friend not know about this because she might be at risk?
Answer: Yes, I know she is at risk of getting infection. However, because of ethical consideration, the patient’s health information should be disclosed by patient himself.
5. How will you follow the fundamental principles about right to self-determination, doing good and doing no harm to others?
Answer: We must not disclose health information of patient without agreement or consent.
6. Isn’t it your obligation and the right of subject to hold the information?
Answer: It is the right of subject to hold the information. It depends on whether or not they will disclose their own information.